Ministry of Corporate Affairs of India has on 19th March 2015, amended Companies (Management and Administration) Amendment Rules, 2014. This is third amendment in these rules.
This time rule 20 which talks about “E-Voting” has been substituted. Some of the highlights of amendments are as follow
- E-voting is not mandatory for listed SME/Institutional Trading Platform.
- Following new explanations has been inserted:
- Cut-off date
- Electronic voting system
- Remote e-voting
- Even a person other than CA/CS/CWA/Advocate can also become scrutinizer.
- Now a member can cast its vote in any of the following mode;
- through remote e-voting, while sitting at place other than venue of meeting.
- through ballot or polling paper or e-voting at the venue of meeting.
- A members who have cast their vote by remote e-voting prior to the meeting may also attend the meeting but shall not be entitled to cast their vote again;
- Content of notice of general meeting and news paper advertisement has been extended.
- Remote E-voting facility to remain open for at least 3 days and shall close at shall close at 5.00 m. on the date preceding the date of the general meeting;
You can download the amended rules form the following link:
Thanks & Regards
KASHIF ALI & ASSOCIATES
268, Business India Complex,
Uday Park, New Delhi-110049
Call us : +91 9718483209